Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Washing and detailing

My aim with this kit was to do it in a different way to the Tiger. After putting the decals on I applied a wash of black ink with a flat brush in the welds, then spread it down the sloped sides to simulate water run off and give the tank a grubby feel. I also added some streaks with a fine brush.
Next I gave the tank a wash of sepia and dry drushed using Tamyia dark yellow.
After adding the tools and track links to the hull I gave the tank another wash of sepia.
The placing of the links of the turret is based on two different Panthers both numbered 221.
On this kit the tracks were very easy to put on, although at the moment they do not look quite right as they are pulled quite tight between the front and back wheels.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment