Monday, 16 August 2010

Zimmerit applied to upper hull and turret


Wanting to build an accurate as I could get it mid production Tiger meant adding Zimmerit to the kit. This provided my first big learning curve.

I first experimented with using Squardron Putty and a flat craft blade on an old credit card. It initially worked quite well, but once it came to adding it to the kit the putty dried too fast which made the patterning look awful.
Next I used Milliput Superfine White epoxy putty and a Tamyia zimmerit blade. The results were much better and i added it to all of the required surfaces. It was a tedious job, but the results were quite effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment